Friday, April 16, 2010

advice for thunder/lightning fears

We've had a couple days of shorts weather.  Today we expect 79 degrees with rain and thunder, and tomorrow it's back down to a 47-degree high.  When a huge temperature drop is expected, the thunder prediction is usually accurate.

I'm writing for advice for dealing with children who are afraid of thunder/lightning.  My anxiety-disordered Peter will drive me insane all day, asking what if questions about lightning,.  I do not exaggerate!  

I know many children are afraid of lightning and thunder.  What has worked for you?

Thanks!

1 comment:

Liz said...

My daughter has a stuffed leopard that roars when she squeezes it. Usually we pray that God would protect her and help her not to be fearful, but I also give her the leopard. She cuddles with the stuffed animal but also uses the roar to "scare away" the thunder. One night storms started just after I had put her to bed and she just got up, grabbed her leopard and crawled back in bed totally fine.