Friday, April 16, 2010

an answer

In reference to this morning's post about thunder, I wanted to share one of our breakfast Psalms, which spoke to Peter's heart.

Psalm 16 (excerpts)

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.  (verse 1)

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord;  apart from you I have no good thing."  (verse 2)

I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  (verse 8)

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.  You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (verses 9-11)

We are reading the Psalms in order as we also go through the Proverbs in order.  What an awesome thing God did this morning--that on this day of expected thunder, we read this particular Psalm!

This beautiful form of divine reassurance calms my heart as a parent.  We may be memorizing some of these verses today!  So often there's nothing I can do to comfort Peter.  His brain refuses any earthly reassurance.  He fixates on a fear and only fun distractions work to break the cycle of constant questioning.

Anyhow, thanks for listening!  Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

No comments: