Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Morning

Someone told my children that it's April Fool's Day.  Since waking an hour ago, I've been treated to non-stop giggling and "What do you get when you cross a _________ with a _____________ riddles.  All jokes for the eight and under set are nonsensical.  Or perhaps that's only the case at my house?

Q:  What do you get when you cross a hippo with a microwave oven?
A:  A hoola poopy dance.

Q:  Why did the chicken cross the road?
A:  To get to the playground.

Q:  What do you get when you cross a baby with a brother?
A:  You get love-i-fied.

Q:  What do you get when you cross ten boys with a pool?
A:  A water fest poopy party

Q:  What would happen if twenty jack-in-the-boxes jumped on you?
A:  You'd have a jack-and-the-dance party.

Q:  Why do balls chase the April Fool's Bunny?
A:  Because they want candy.

I'll spare you all the others containing the word "poopy".  They were the eight-year-old's ideas.  A year ago I was foolish enough to breathe a sigh of relief that my boys weren't into potty humor.  It must be something that strikes a boy's funny bone between seven and eight years old.  A rite of passage, if you will.

My six-year-old boy still has decorum.  He came over to read what I've written here, and said  "Oh, no!  She's writing your poopy jokes, Peter!"

We'll just see what he's joking about next year, as a seven-year-old.  Something tells me I shouldn't pat myself on the back just yet.

Definitely, I need to explain the difference between a fool and a joke.

Published with comedians' permission.

1 comment:

Evenspor said...

Little boys are so funny. I recall a cub scout meeting I went to once that included about 17 different versions of a joke involving Winnie the Pooh and toilets. And they thought it was hilarious every single time.